Emergency Closure Procedure
- If the school has to CLOSE due to severe weather conditions, the Headteacher, SLT and the Chair of Governors will make their decision by 7.00 am.
- The Deputy Headteacher will inform all Passenger Assistants and Drivers as soon as possible.
- The Headteacher will inform Dorset County Council and Devon County Council Transport departments.
- A closure message will be placed on Mountjoy’s Website.
- A closure message will also be placed on Dorset for You website.
- A closure message will be placed on the school’s voicemail.
- From 7.30 am, all staff, parents and other visitors will be able to check the websites or the school numbers for information (please keep the lines free before 7.30 am to allow the changes to be made).
- This procedure will be repeated the following day, stating whether the school is closed again or OPEN. Please check AFTER 7.30 am
- Dorset for you website – School Closures
- The school will remain closed for the rest of the day.