The Governing Body oversees the work of the School and ensures that the School provides a good quality education for its pupils. The Governors work in partnership with the Headteacher and other staff and are involved in such matters as:
- Setting the School’s aims and policies;
- Improving standards of teaching and achievement;
- Setting the School’s budget plan and monitoring expenditure;
- Interviewing and appointing staff;
- Acting as a link between the Local Authority and the School;
- Drawing up an action plan after an inspection and monitoring the success of the plan.
The Governing Body consists of one Local Authority Governor, two Parent Governors, one Staff Governor, the Head Teacher and eleven co-opted Governors who are elected for a four year term of office. The Governing Body meets twice a term as does the ancillary committees: Resources Committee (Formerly Finance & Staffing and Premises, Pupil Welfare and Curriculum Committee. The Governors regularly visit the School and observe the work that is being carried out by the staff.