Hello and a warm welcome to Mountjoy schools website. We hope that you find this both informative and interesting.
My name is Jackie Shanks and I am proud to be the Head Teacher of Mountjoy School. The school caters for up to 51 pupils from 2.5 to 19 with a range of complex needs including ASD, SLD and MLD.
The school is situated in Beaminster and fortunate to be co-located with Beaminster school, which offers many opportunities for joint working and inclusion, alongside this is 1610, a community sports facility, offering our pupils even greater opportunities. .
Our building is purpose built and single level, with facilities including a Hydro pool, a sensory room, a soft play area and access to campus facilities.
OUR AIMS are to:
- Create a happy, safe and secure learning environment rich in stimulation and challenge for all pupils.
- Provide our pupils with a variety of quality educational experiences in all aspects of life.
- Enable pupils to develop effective communication skills, in order to express thoughts, feelings and choices.
- Provide a safe and happy environment in which pupils can work towards achieving their best.
- Develop the moral, cultural and spiritual awareness of all pupils.
- Ensure that all pupils enjoy their learning and have fun
- Ensure all members of the school community grow in confidence, and develop to their full potential.
- Offer a school curriculum that is well researched, broad, balanced is based on the National Curriculum and is appropriately adapted to meet the needs of all pupils.
- Provide personalised learning opportunities ensuring all pupils are supported to make as much progress as possible.
- Provide pupils with an education appropriate to the world beyond the classroom, ensuring that pupils develop life skills, learn, when appropriate in real life settings and have opportunities to be a valued member of a variety of communities.
- Welcome and develop partnerships with parents, carers and a range of professional and lay people with whom we can share advice and develop best practice.
- Develop pupils’ emotional literacy skills enabling them to have the opportunity to make positive relationships, reflect and appreciate themselves and others.
With best regards
If you require paper copies of any information found on this website please contact the school office on 01308 861155